BF Borgers CPA PC is seeking Audit Senior in Lakewood, CO 80226. 40 hours/week.
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end and ensure audit is completed in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (“GAAS”) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”)
- Examine financial statements for accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations;
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures;
- Assess financial operations and make best-practice recommendations;
- Identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk;
- Develop audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Obtain and review evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented;
- Organize and maintain audit documentation and audit files;
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk;
- Ensure adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards;
- Communicate identified issues with management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results;
- Ensure adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Accounting, Finance or related field with 2 years’ experience in the job offered OR in public & private companies auditing as Accountant or Auditor. Must have passed the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination (CPA Exam) working towards attainment of the CPA designation.
To Apply: Send resume to 5400 W Cedar Ave, Lakewood, CO 80226, ATTN: AS0221.